Wednesday 15 August 2012

I'm Still Here!

Whenever life throws me a curve ball (it could be emotional, mental or just something that throws a wrench on my best laid plans) i would usually withdraw and brood about past similar events, I think of how wonderful it would have been, if only *Jude proposed after we finished university, or why *Muyiwa cheated with Bebe back in hundred level just because I was a "spirito" (his spiteful words not mine!) and why Nameless (wouldn't want to ruin this particular person with a phony name, and I'm not telling real his name either!my blog, my rules, you dig?) didn't ask me out in secondary school instead was dating a girl from the junior class.
I brood about these events, they're usually not all emotional in nature, don't get me wrong, but those hurt the most. I found out from my sister, Lisa, that this brooding is called a Pity Party.
 i loved the name! cos now I can invent colorful names for my dark periods-Pity Ball, Pity Soirees, Pity Banquets-depending on the magnitude of the situation. But the only hitch about these parties is that its a party of one, You! no one else is invited! And it unlocks the back door for errant thoughts, before long you're thinking of how pathetic you are, how sad your life is, how terrible life has treated you in the past, how bleak your future looks from where you're standing...
I know, I've followed that train of thoughts before, it led to even darker places, places so dangerous, that holding a loaded gun to your temples was safer than. Times like that I draw my family closer, and I shut every thought out with a mantra i learnt from a famous pastor, he said, "after the devil has dealt his blows, your face is all bloodied with shame, your self esteem has passed out flat on the floor and your confidence in anything is knocked out, raise your eyes up, draw your bruised and battered body up and stand on your two feet, even if you're stumbling, and say to the Devil, "I'm Still Here!"
Now I don't mean to preach, but nothing heals a broken heart faster than Jesus! When life throws those terrible moments at you and you have cried and cant cry anymore, when you are faced with those horrible valleys of shadow of Death and you wish it will all end, draw yourself up and say, "I'm Still Here!" Because Life has thrown everything at you, and you're still standing!Bravo! Say goodbye to periods of pity parties and  be resolute stand sure and stand firm, it may not get better immediately, but it will surely get better, if you stick around.
Ciao!
*Names and events are not real (yup!but you knew that already, didn't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment