Tuesday 28 August 2012

When I grow Up...

I write as a hobby, I somehow evolved from poetry to stories, but i love poems. I love the way they're able to speak volumes with so little. I wrote this poem a while back, I thought I should share it with you, hope you enjoy it, its titled When I Grow Up.

When I grow up, I want to be free,
I want to be able to buy, anything that I need
To eat chocolates and not think of calories,
To buy that skirt
and not think of how much it costs.

When I grow up, I want to live,
Without being fitted into a class or two,
To be able to wear anything, everyday of the week
To shout when I like and sleep till the sun comes up
To choose to vote or be voted for
To exercise or not
To live in any part of the world
that i wish or fancy.

When I grow up, I want to be rich
Not to be labeled by any socio-economic status, or judged because I drink
I want to be thirty-two,
Young, strong and sexy
To date any man I want
And dance on Sunset Boulevard
 On really sunny noons.

When I grow up, I want to have a job,
That gives me all I ever wanted and ask for nothing in return

No comments:

Post a Comment