Tuesday 31 July 2012

Gifted

I know I should write about my birthday, but it was nice, as the saying goes, so we will skip it for better or rather more important issues(not that I think my birthday is unimportant, au contraire!) I am the exact age my elder brother was when he died, and like I wrote earlier, its all about reflections for me this period.
there's something about getting older that makes you weigh not only your present decisions but also judge whether you made the right ones in the past.
My late brother was an engineer, he chose to be because he wanted to study the toughest course in school back then. wh at he really loved doing was painting and writing. he could write such moving poems! I will read some and be all choked up for hours, but he was never published, because for him, that special gift was something to thrifle with, something he did, not to be idle, like some people will garden, some will knit(I do that too), my brother wrote poignant poems.
I remember once, when we were still very young and hungry(we were always hungry back then) he wrote a poem that started like this, .."when hunger hazard hit the gizzard, even lizard meat is pleasant.." yuck! I can hear you say, but it made us laugh, lightened our hunger, made us just a tad more creative, because one by one, we all picked up a 'hobby' to distract us, from our hunger for food. I took up writing too and painting, and reading and knitting (yes! you guessed correctly, I was a very hungry child) but it developed a gift in me, something, an avenue to escape the harsh realities and create a world, where I can be anyone I want to be, do anything, eat anything! he gave me with the ability to be a god!blasphemy you say? no! the the bible says that.. "ye are gods.."
The ability to create, whether a virtual world or a real one makes us gods. A nursing mother? is a god, an artist? a god too. You, the prolific writer, you are a god too! we are all gifted, to create and make our habitat a beautiful, vista of harmony. Failure to create makes you a slefish person, its going against nature.
What is that thing you do, that you take for granted? you look down on, you do just to fill time? its a gift.
It may redefine someone else, if you use it, don't hold back, what are you gifted to do? don't be like my brother, don't die with it, use it!cherish it! make it shine, let it speak! know for a surety, that as you do, you are excercising your right, as a god.
For all the gifted ones we've lost, we remember you, in our dreams, in our realities, most of all, we remember you, with our gifts!
ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment