Tuesday 24 July 2012

Courage

Everyday, i wake up at five on the dot, say my prayers, jump into the shower and rush off to work. why do i leave home so early? easy, to beat the horrific traffic on my axis.
I am so ecstatic on fridays that all my colleagues make fun of me on fridays, they know I'm extra cheerful, my steps are springy and i smile at everyone, why you ask again? easy, its friday! friday nights are the only nights i dont jump out of bed by 5am (you know Sundays you have to wake earky for church,so...) i was watching a short movie done by a friend recently, on the Jos religious riots and i wondered how fellow nigerians in that area cope.
 They dont jump out of bed at 5am to beat traffic, they fight bigger demons than traffic. they walk streets littered with corpses, in a bid to get to work, churches/mosques, or hospitals and i wondered if i was living in that area, would i be able to face the day the way they do? i dont know (I'm so sure i dont want to know either, thank you!) but i cant help thinking that those are really Courageous people! and even though our demons are streets packed with steel and fibre-optic automobiles, we are courageous too! have you ever have to go to work on a rainy day with a commercial vehicle? then please take your place among the truly courageous! it doesnt matter what wars or struggles youre fighting, if you are still fighting at all, then youre courageous.
so from VidaGirl, heres to all my courageous single ladies, living, working and striving in Lasgidi, I hail! to your courage, may God preserve and keep you through all the traffics and navigate your hearts through the treacherous wars of finding true love (abi now?) stay courageous!
ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment