Friday 2 November 2012

EPHPHATHA!

Hello Everyone!
I know its been quite a while since I wrote anything, my apologies, Life has been happening and we thank God for being alive to witness another day! Anyways, have you all been thinking about me? praying for me?Thank you friends! I have missed you all too, so so much you cannot tell...
I know you're wondering  what the title word means but before I tell you, I want to ask, what that restrain in your life is. Restrains are things that hold you back from achieving your goals, dreams and aspirations
It could be financial, or medical, or emotional for that matter, it doesn't matter, situations are really good at crippling us.
When you are broke, its like a prison, there are so many things you need to do but you cant because you just don't have the money to make them happen. Or it could be an illness, I remember when I was growing up, I was Asthmatic, it was just so restraining.
I couldn't do a lot of things, eat certain food, inhale dust, I had to go everywhere with a Ventolin inhaler, quite embarrassing too. I remember the last time I used that inhaler, I was in my twenties, watching a preacher on the telly and he was talking about how one can be healed totally.
I listen and I decided to exercise my faith. I announced to my family that I was healed and I threw away my inhaler. It was radical, but I was tired of being ill.
The next day, I had a crisis and it was a terrible one, all night long I stayed up, leaning against a table because I couldn't sit up straight or lie down, it was as if my lungs were filled with fluids and i was trying to draw air from the fluids, excruciating!
I remember I kept saying in my mind by "His stripes I am healed" I couldn't even talk, eat or do anything
It  was around 5am in the morning before I drifted off to sleep, I woke up lightheaded and so much better. And that was the day I left the restrain of Asthma.
So, What does Ephphata mean?
 Its God's word for us this November, and it simply means "BE OPENED!"
All the doors the enemies have shut against you, the restrains that have held you in place for so long, that have helped you so well to hide your God given talent, well God is saying, "BE OPENED!"
Just as Jesus used the word years ago to get a deaf and dumb man to be healed, He's saying it again today to you and your miracle will come silently, instantly and completely!
What must you do?
You may not suffer through the night like I had to(even though God came through for me in the morning!) but you must believe that God wants to open new doors to your health, your prosperity, your hidden, unexposed talent, your faith(cos the opposite of all your fears and insecurity is faith) and you will experience a newness, a lightheartedness, a sense of peace that you yourself will find foreign to your usually mundane, restrained or contained existence.
Be ready to walk if you're crawling, be ready to run if you're walking, be ready to fly, if you're running, I say Ephphatha!
Dig up that talent and write that book! or make that movie or go back for that degree, its no longer a laughable or impossible achievement, its for real! God has opened the flood gate of heaven and He wants you to partake of heaven sweepstakes, the only currency you need, is your faith, not only faith in God, because even demons believe there's a God and they tremble, but more importantly your faith in yourself! That God loves you enough to single you out for a blessing.
Ephphatha!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment