Friday 18 January 2013

Before I Do 2

Hi All!So I had alot of people beg to know what happened after Julia's pre-wedding kiss, whether she went on with the wedding or not, I decided to tell you the rest of the story...in case you were still wondering. Enjoy!

I heard the camera click and I blinked reflexively as Tinu slipped past the video man by the door into the room, I felt as if I was suffocating, there was the hairstylist, the make up artist my mother contracted, two camera men, one lighting man, one video man and my mother who kept readjusting everything and muttering, "...everything must be perfect,just so.." I sighed heavily and turned my stare to Tinu without moving my head, she saw my look and wearing a dazzling smile, she tackled my mum first, "ah mummy, at this rate we will have to wrestle for the maid of honor position and you know I fight dirty!" My mum finally stopped fussing and turned to her with a benign smile, "I cant fight o! I'm no spring chicken!" she commented as she allowed herself to be steered towards the door, "Ah! nobody is these days o! but don't worry, I will make sure she's perfect for the event, ma worry(don't worry)" My mother beamed one last time at me, then shut the door, I exhaled, I didn't even know I'd stopped breathing, then she instructed the camera/video people to mount up on the hallway and when they tried to protest she hiked up her skirt and told them she was going to change her sanitary pad in front of them, they fled! She readjusted her skirt with a smile as she turned and stared at the two ladies and they got the message and exited with a quiet whoosh! I sighed again in relief and almost cried but contained myself because I was sure my mum will kill me if I ruined my artfully made up face. Then she drew a chair close to me and said in a quiet voice, "you look weird, whats up?" I couldnt wait to share, "I kissed Caleb and Tony saw us but he was also smooching Isokhe!" I inhaled and exhaled several times, finally someone else knew! Tinu threw her head back and had a good laugh, "babe! the list was a joke! I didn't think you'd do it!" She laughed some more then sobered up, "have you spoken to Tony since then?" I shook my head, "do you think I should confront him about my wedding planner?" "he will confront you about his best man!no, I think you should marry his arse and spend the rest of your life making him pay!" I rolled my eyes, Tinu the drama queen, I thought already feeling lighter, "how do I do that? make him pay? hes not the only guilty one here you know" I replied, "then just sweep it under the carpet and forget it, you do me I do you God no go vex, abi?" I smiled, my first for the day, "that's why you're my maid of honor, you know exactly what to say" I hugged her as we both heard a knock on the door, my cousin Jasmine walked in dressed in pink ruffles and carrying a basket of red and white rose petals, "hello Jazz" I said perking up, she walked shyly to me and removed a folded hotel stationery from her basket, "Uncle Caleb said to give this to you" she said in her breathy twelve years old voice, I smiled adjusted the bow on her head and sent her away. I sat staring at Tinu holding the stationery with two fingers as if it is poisonous, "Why would he write?" I asked her, afraid to open it, "Open it!" she urged, unlike her she didn't try to take it from me and read. We stared at each other a few seconds more, then I unfolded the thick conqueror paper, there was just one line. It read, "Jules, I cant go through with it, I love you" Silently, I handed the paper to Tinu who read with a frown, "what does he mean?" she asked the paper, still checking it for more. I shook my head as the first tear drop slid down my powdered cheek and hit my folded arms, "why me T?" I asked as tears coursed down my cheek ruining my make up, "why now?" I got up and started pacing as my best friend stared at me mutely, "You know how I feel about Caleb, why didn't he say this two years ago? or even two months ago? why wait till my wedding morning to declare his undying love?hmm?" Tinu finally got up and hugged me, she knew too well what this was doing to me, I held her back and just wept, years of pent up frustration, anger, sadness despair just poured out, "I love him too!" I said amidst sobs and hiccups, "shhhhhh" Tinu whispered until I stopped crying, I turned and saw my face and started laughing, Tinu turned and stared at my reflection on the hotel mirror and soon, we were both laughing so hard that I started crying all over again. It was the second knock that finally brought us to our senses, one of the camera men poked his head in tentatively, "they're ready for you!" he said as if pronouncing a death sentence, I sat back down and tried to repair my ruined face as Tinu raced to the bathroom and returned with a face towel soaked in cold water, "this will reduce the swelling of your eyes" she said as we both stared at each other, "I'm going to marry Tony, even though I'm in love with Caleb" I stated it, just to get it off my chest, Tinu nodded, "that's what grown ups do, take responsibility for their actions" she said quietly, I nodded and re-applied my make up the best I could, then I got up and covered my blotchy face with the veil, "Wait!" Tinu screamed as she dug into her clutch and brought out a small vial of Visine, "big girls don't cry baby!" she said as she removed the viel and squirt a drop on each eye, I blinked as the cold fluid touched my red eyes soothing it. We covered my face again with the veil and after another quick hug, I headed for the door, I inhaled deeply again and then I pulled the door open and matched to my future head held high, after all, Big girls don't cry... To Be Continued..

4 comments:

  1. I think Jules should forget about Caleb and marry Tony, who had the guts to ask her to marry him. Caleb is a dreammer, a party pooper and a weakling, not couragous enough to act when he's supposed to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! thanks anonymous! keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VidaGirl: Of the blogs I've been through, this blog is the best. Wow..wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliment!i appreciate it.:)

    ReplyDelete